Friday, November 7, 2008

RAVE: Make Up Forever HD High Definition Powder







RAVE: Make Up Forever HD High Definition Powder

This is one of my newer favorite finds. When I first saw it at Sephora I was very skeptical at what it could actually do. In my mind a blotting powder would have allowed the same benefit at half the price; which ironically the product itself contains no talc base. The texture is very smooth and silky; softer than most mineral products I‘ve tested. The texture is actually what kept bringing back to the product. I confess I did not buy it the first time I saw it, but I did go home thinking about it. 2 Sephora visits later, I finally broke down and bought it. I started wearing it the next day and immediately people were commenting about it - it was evident I found a new toy and people wanted to know what it was.

If you’re a foundation only person, this will give your make up a final smooth finish. When I wear it with just foundation I can see an extra glow without having to use any highlighters. When I do photo shoots with my younger teen clients, I find it visually giving them a nice, silky, final finish over what a traditional blotting powder does. For a translucent powder it does appear to promote a seamless finish.

COST: It is a bit of a splurge. With tax by the time everything is said and done, a little over $50. Sephora will try and see you a special Kabuki brush as well, which is not necessary f you have a good powder brush already. I think if your a foundation only person and you want that natural finish - this is a MUST HAVE product. If you wear make up regularly and are into facial highlighters already, you can get by without it. For me, as of now, the comments I'm getting and finish I see will keep me by buying.


MAKE UP FOREVER: Brand scoop - MUF is a French company that was acquired by LVMH (Louis Vuitton in 1999) That alone says luxury make up. Only available to Sephora (as far as I know) in the US.

No comments: